Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships Issues RFP for DesignLights® Consortium commercial lighting project
Lexington, MA, Tuesday, March 25, 2014 – Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) is seeking a contractor or team of contractors to conduct a scope of work which will result in a Long Term Plan for the DesignLights Consortium® (DLC) brand. The DLC has been the signature project of NEEP’s commercial lighting program activity since its inception in 1998, with a mission to save energy in the commercial sector through energy efficiency in lighting, while also focusing on quality and performance.
Purpose and Objectives of the Plan
The Purpose and Objectives of the DLC Long Term Plan development include:
Purpose: To strategically position and provide multi-year support for the DesignLights Consortium® as a valued resource to accelerate energy efficiency by supporting ratepayer-funded efficiency programs to achieve significant energy savings through the market adoption and use of high quality, high efficiency lighting solutions for the commercial, institutional and industrial (C&I) sectors across the US and Canada.
Goal: Establish a multi-year business, financial and organizational plan supported by the NEEP Board of Directors and DLC members to meet the needs of energy efficiency programs and the lighting industry to speed the successful market adoption and use of high quality, high efficiency lighting solutions (e.g. products, systems, design) for the C&I sector across the US and Canada.
1. Engage NEEP Board and DLC Members to advise development of a long-term plan for the DLC as a valued resource to accelerate energy savings in commercial lighting through market adoption and use of high quality, high efficiency C&I sector lighting solutions.
2. Understand key market trends, future opportunities and high-value roles for the DLC to accelerate energy efficiency, help efficiency programs achieve significant energy savings in C&I lighting, and overcome market barriers to achieve lasting market transformation (i.e., make high efficiency C&I lighting standard market practice).
3. Understand member and market perceptions and awareness of the DLC brand and services and what is of greatest value going forward to accelerate energy savings in C&I lighting, including appropriate roles for NEEP.
4. Develop for NEEP Board approval a five-year business plan, financial plan, risk analysis and management plan, and organizational plan supported by DLC members and other key stakeholders.
5. Prepare to begin plan implementation in 2015 with a smooth transition.
|RFP Issued||Tuesday, March 25, 2014|
|Questions & Response||Tuesday, April 1 and Friday, April 4|
|Notice of Intent to Bid||Tuesday, April 8, 2014|
|Proposals Due||Tuesday, April 22, 2014|
|Notify Successful Bidder||Tuesday, May 6, 2014|
|Execute Agreement||Tuesday, May 13, 2014|
|Kick off with NEEP||Thursday, May 15, 2014|