CA Technologies is one of the world’s leading providers of information technology (IT) management software. Its solutions help organizations of all sizes move forward in the application economy.
CA is committed to managing energy use, developing and maintaining smart facilities, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and forming strategic alliances with business partners that contribute to the company’s operating efficiencies.
Recently completed efficiency renovations include:
- Chiller Plant – Installed VFD’s on CHW & CWP pumps, cooling towers fan and a 1000 ton centrifugal chiller
- Heating – Retrofit new PLC boiler controls on two 500 HP boilers improving efficiencies and reducing emissions.
- HVAC – Installed DDC controls, VFD on motors, demand control ventilation, static pressure reset
- Lighting – Installation of LED fixtures in parking garages and Data Center as well as upgraded lighting lamps in the company’s fitness center, atrium, corridors, stairwells, mechanical rooms and common areas.
- Natural Gas – Upgraded two 500HP boilers to PLC controllers. These PLC-based controllers have the ability to monitor and control multiple aspects of CA Technologies, boilers such as fuel usage and hours of use, O2 levels, stack temperature, lead/lag sequencing, boiler efficiency, water level, temperature/pressure, hot standby, combustion control and more. This all leads to increased efficiency and fewer emissions.
These efforts have already yielded an annual savings of nearly $275,000 in energy costs, and 1.3 million kWh. For CA, efficiency benefits have gone far beyond reduced energy costs. The building is now a more comfortable, productive work environment. Improvements to the HVAC systems have reduced hot/cold complaints, while LED lighting has made company parking garages brighter, safer, and more inviting for employees.
PSEG-Long Island is closely involved with CA projects, providing efficiency incentives, and professional guidance on everything from pre-inspections to final project verification.
Through the Green Lease program, the company works with its global real estate service providers to incorporate sustainability elements into all new leases, including provisions requiring use of efficient and regularly serviced building systems, and use of lighting sensors in common areas.
On top of that, CA Technologies enthusiastically inspires the next generation of energy efficiency leaders through the Environmental Defense Fund’s Climate Corps fellowship program, which places specially-trained graduate students in companies to act as dedicated energy problem-solvers. CA hosts at least one EDF Climate Corps fellow each year.
CA Technologies commitment to efficiency and sustainability has led to numerous honors. In 2015, Newsweek magazine listed CA among the top 100 green-ranking companies in the United States and CA has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) since 2011.
The company vows to keep building on its already-impressive success. Future plans include lighting improvements for CA fitness center as well as outdoor parking lots and ceiling lighting.
As a company that prides itself with helping companies manage information and data, CA considers the data on its own carbon footprint as a key to its philosophy and success.
|Annual energy savings (kwh/yr):||1,392,100|
|Annual energy savings (therms/yr):||58,843|
|Total savings ($):||296,217|
|Total project cost ($):||330,117|
|Incentive dollars ($):||185,510|
|Customer cost ($):||144,597|
|Simple payback (yrs):||0.5|