Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the ASHP Initiative
Still have a question we didn't answer? Email ccASHP@neep.org for more information.
- Exclusive access to full list downloads of NEEP’s Cold-Climate ASHP product list.
- Participation in NEEP’s ASHP/VRF Working Groups
- Participation in a number of topical sub-committees (including Installer and consumer best practices)
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of NEEP resources/tools
- Prioritized technical assistance
- Public visibility to your organization
State Partnership Subscription (same as 2019 State Partnership pricing)
|Population < 3 million||Population 3-10 Million||Population > 10 million|
Program Administrator Subscription (i.e. utility or government programs not part of a state partnership)
|Program budget <$10M||Program budget $10M-$100M||Program budget > $100M|
Industry Subscription (i.e. non-profits, manufacturers, service providers, consultants, trade associations)*
|Non-profit, Small Business (<20 employees)||Standard Industry|
Individual ASHP Installers/Distributors/Community-Based Organizations/Clean Energy Advocacy Organizations/Interested Consumers/Grant Providers1
*Use of the ccASHP Product List for administering a program will require a program administrator or state partnership subscription
1 Federal agencies or foundations that provide grant support for NEEP's ASHP Initiative can apply for subscription at no cost.
listing products on new ashp product list
- Air Source heat pump (ASHP) manufacturers that have product(s) that adheres to the Cold-Climate Air-Source Heat Pump Specification V3.0 can apply to list products.
- Third-party manufacturer representatives or distributors are not able to list products unless they work through the manufacturer to do so.
- The listing fees are based on the total number of products that fall under each brand of products (or groups of brands that fall under a parent company ownership). The costs ranges from $5,000 to $10,000.
- The products are determined by unique AHRI numbers, so the same piece of equipment sold under two brands with two associated AHRI number would be considered two products.
- If a manufacturer moves from one tier of pricing to another (i.e. from 10 to 11 products or from 50 to 51 products), they must pay the difference ($2,500) to list at the higher tier for the year. Manufactures have the option to remove products to stay at the same tier.
- Many efficiency program use this list to set program incentives for efficient products.
- Distributors and installers use this list to learn which ccASHP and smart controls products and trends will be in high demand with program incentives.
- Builders and specifiers use this list to review product options that best suit their client’s needs.
- Consumers use this list to review the best in building decarbonization technology.
- Paying a listing fee helps support the improved functionality of the list (i.e. Interface and database)—moving beyond a spreadsheet!
- Finally, by listing your products, you are helping to financially support a regional market transformation initiative aimed at driving growth in the ASHP market. You can help support this work even more by taking your $2000 discount and applying it towards becoming an initiative subscriber.
|What is required of manufacturers to add new products to the list?|