The Phase II Early Replacement Measure Research Study was led by the consulting group Evergreen Economics and this study:
1. Produced independent estimates of the age and remaining useful life for 3 types of equipment that are in early replacement programs – residential boilers, furnaces and central air, and reviewed estimates of effective life of heat pump water heaters.
2. Explored the extent to which some projects in normal replacement programs were early replacements.
3. Provided insights into customer decisions about early replacement.
4. Developed information to help Program Administrators (PAs) qualify projects as early or normal replacements; and
5. Developed guidance on energy efficiency baselines for savings calculations as well as approaches to cost-effectiveness of early replacement.
Recording of Presentation on Early Replacement by Evergreen Economics and Michaels Energy