To achieve even greater energy efficiency, states and communities can promulgate a voluntary or mandatory "stretch" or "reach” energy code to supplement or overlay their base code, providing communities a code option that is typically 15-20% more energy efficient than the state’s base energy code. Visit NEEP's Next Generation Home and Building Performance Page to learn more.
Massachusetts Energy Zero Code
The Massachusetts Energy-Zero (E-Z) Code is a zero energy stretch code for commercial construction. The E-Z Code offers multiple compliance pathways, renewable energy requirements, and optional jurisdictional electives. The code focuses on optimizing energy efficiency and providing a clear pathway for buildings to achieve zero energy.
- The Massachusetts Voters Guide to Municipal Opt-In Specialized Code
- 2023 Updated MA Residential Stretch Code Summary
- 2023 Updated MA Commercial Stretch Code Summary
- MA NZB Coalition Myths vs Facts
- Net Zero Stretch Code Framework
- MA Commercial E-Z Code Summary
- MA Residential E-Z Code Summary
- MA Residential Stretch Code Comparison
- MA Commercial Stretch Code Comparison