How the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Is Helping the Northeast Shift to Clean Energy and Reduce Pollution from Fossil Fuels A new report released today from Environment America says that clean energy investments totaling nearly $450 million from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) has led to over $1 billion in energy savings and has contributed $2.6 billion to economic growth in the region, as of the end of Ma
Judging from many of the recent headlines, one might think that the clean energy economy in the Northeast was losing public support. According to a recent survey by the Yale Project on Climate Change Communication, however, public support for policies that promote clean energy and lower carbon dioxide emissions continues to be quite strong.
See this week's Energy Efficiency Policy Tracker for the latest news in energy efficiency policy, including:
- New Jersey Leaves the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
- Connecticut Creates a New Energy and Environment Agency
- Maine Legislature Takes Step to Roll Back Energy Code
- More Stretch Code Communities in Massachusetts
- Newsworthy Reports: ASAP Furnace and AC Standards Fact Sheet and Department of Energy's 2011 Strategic Plan